17 years highlighting Research & Innovation in Waste and Biomass Valorisation towards Energy and Environmental Transitions
9th International Conference on Engineering for Waste and Biomass Valorisation
WasteEng2022 | Copenhagen (Denmark) | June 27-30, 2022
Prof Ange Nzihou (Conference Chair) and Hariklia Gavala (Conference co-Chair)
Look for future announcements and be sure to register for WasteEng2022
Prof Tadafumi Adschiri, Tohoku University (Japan)
Prof Tadafumi Adschiri is currently professor in The Advanced Institute for Materials Research (AIMR) at Tohoku University and the principal investigator of the “Adschiri lab”. Thanks to his excellent research achievements, he received the Medal with Purple Ribbon from the Emperor of Japan.
- Supercritical water
- Chemical recycle
- Biomass, Cellulose, Lignin
Prof Yong Sik Ok, Korea University (South Korea)
Prof Yong Sik Ok is currently Director of the Association of Pacific Rim Universities (APRU) Sustainable Waste Management Program, and Director of the Korea Biochar Research Center at Korea University.
- Biomass pyrolysis and gasification
- Biochar, soil amendment, carbon negative technology Circular economy
- Plastic pollution
- Sustainable waste management
- Sustainable development goals (SDGs)
- Environmental, social and governance (ESG)
- Green and sustainable remediation (GSR)
Prof William Mitch, Stanford University (USA)
Prof William Mitch is a professor in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at Stanford University.
- Wastewater treatment and reuse
- Chemical contaminants
- Electrochemical treatment systems
- Advanced oxidation processes
Prof Gregory Stephanopoulos, MIT (USA)
Prof Gregory Stephanopoulos is currently leading the Metabolic Engineering Laboratory at Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- Biochemical engineering
- Metabolic engineering
- Synthetic biology
- Oleaginous yeast